Comment on page
Credential Data Flow
There are several steps involved in schema creation, credential issuance, and credential verification. Mantis and Vault+ are the Seneca-developed schema marketplace and credential store plus wallet respectively.
- 1.The user generates an SR25519 public and private key pair.
- 2.A user creates a credential schema through the Mantis UI or through a blockchain transaction directly.
- 3.Next, the user previews the credential fields for the schema, unlocks their Vault+, signs, and submits it to the blockchain.
- 4.The blockchain runtime uses the signature created and submitted in the previous step as a key and maps it to the schema and stores it in the schema registry.
- 1.The user goes to Mantis (or any other Seneca dApp) and clicks on the “claim credential” button. This opens Vault+. Next, the user submits the necessary data to fulfill and claim the credential. The data can be verified by a third party if required. Finally, the data is signed using the private key corresponding to the DID of the issuer and sent back to the user.
- 2.Then they execute a transaction to submit the credential to the on-chain credential registry if it is a public credential. Otherwise, the credential is stored in Vault+'s private local storage only.